Saturday, August 7, 2010

Short Trip Across State Lines...

This week Curtis had to be in Atlanta all week for trade shows with work, so we seized the opportunity to get out of town for a few days (free hotel stays!) Hayden and I dragged Curtis' 13 year old sister, Nikki along with us. I had originally planned on doing EVERYTHING in Atlanta ... White Water, Six Flags, Zoo.... but being so pregnant and it being SO hot, we settled on the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coke. Things seemed to be working against us the first couple of days (I topped off the oil in the car before departure, and I somehow managed to drive across 2 states after forgetting to replace the oil cap .... I only discovered it because God just told me to check under the hood after we arrived!) .... Hayden broke his only pair of shoes as soon as we got there ... My phone quit working for half a day .... My quest for an old fashioned "Orange Julius" led me on a wild goose chase all over ATL ... but we still had a great trip! Curtis had the entire day off on Wednesday so he was able to come to the Aquarium and World of Coke with us. We also took full advantage of having Nikki with us that night, and we left Hayden with her and had a little date night. Curtis took me to "Fogo de Chao," a brazilian steakhouse chain that Curtis has been telling me about for over a year since he started traveling. He describes it as "Willy Wonka and the Meat Factory." LOL! It was truly amazing... you are given a card, green on one side and red on the other, to signal the waiters when you want more food. They walk around with these huge skewers of meat and give you all you want. And it was seriously amazing meat... we're not talking "Golden Corral steak on the buffet" style stuff. Seeing that I have the appetite of a linebacker these days, this was quite a treat! We also spent an hour or so driving around Buckhead drooling at the real estate. Wow. I can't believe people actually live in some of those houses!


As much as I loved seeing all of the sea creatures, seeing Hayden's face light up with amazement was SO much better!!




Here I told Hayden "Look at me and smile!" and he said "Mom, I just really want to look at the fish." Can't argue with that!



Hayden absolutely adores his Aunt Nikki!

1 comment:

  1. OMG..you have me wanting some Fogo de Chao!! I have never heard of it but it sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete