Friday, October 28, 2011

Curtis is 30!



Curtis turned 30 (over a month ago - ha!) and we celebrated with a surprise party! I started planning it loooooong before his birthday, and knowing that he only turns 30 once, I knew I wanted it to be special. He does so much for us and I wanted to pull out all the stops to show him that he is loved. After lots of venue shopping and visiting, I decided on Avondale Brewing Company, the brewery that his cousin Chris is a part-owner in. It was PERFECT!! I had Curtis convinced that we were going on a special date, and I told him that there would be multiple locations and he would have to be blindfolded in between each one so he didn't know where we were going. That was my plan for getting him in completely unsuspecting. Of course, as we grew closer to that night, he caught on to the fact that there "may" be a party planned, but he still had no idea where. Several people couldn't make it for various reasons, but it turned out PERFECT! I couldn't have dreamed of a better outcome. He had a blast and was thrilled about the whole thing.



I had my sister make a very eclectic cake! Curtis doesn't like cake, so we designed a mixture of all of his favorite treats! Brownies, sugar cookies and rice crispie treats - cake batter flavored (he loooves cake batter!)

Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment