Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Busy.

Busy, busy, busy. That's what we are. Sure, since the official launch of Blanks Boutique last month and Curtis working on his second multi-week stint in China within 2 months, we have been stretched a little thin. Our clean laundry may be unfolded and sitting in baskets around the house, but at least it's clean! I should probably be burned at the stake for the amount of McDonald's my family has eaten in the past 2 months, but that certainly doesn't mean I love them any less! I may be very busy answering emails, packing boxes, etc etc relating to the business, but I never pass up the chance for a hug, tickle or "i love you" for the ones I love most! I have to remind myself of this as I streamline these business processes and we all know my intentions are good! The business has already exceeded our wildest dreams and I am so humbled and thankful. Sure, I can't remember the last time I was in bed before Midnight or the last time I left the house without a hat on, but I imagine most successful companies started with some long hours :)

Of course things like showering  blogging get tossed aside in times like this! So I'm going to try to update as much as I can in as little amount of time as I have.

Garrett is 17 months old now and fits the mold of a Williams. He loves to sing and dance and has had a very extensive vocabulary for a few months now. He is definitely an earlier talker than Hayden was. Some of his words and phrases include: Mama, Dada, Haynuh (Hayden), Thank you, Peez (Please), Biy (bite), Cheese, Cacka (cracker), cah-kie (cookie), kuh (milk), ju (juice), tea, bapoo (apple), na-na (banana), Ne-ne (candy), kitty, ball, bath, choo-choo, ni-ni (night night), baby, bye bye, gay (game), Pappy (Paci), Mimi (what he calls his blankie), nose, hot. The best part is he uses them all in context and he will pretty much repeat any word you say to him. He can also identify his nose, head, ear, eye, and belly button!





Our big boy just turned 6! He is just as funny and smart as ever, and he makes us very proud! 

(this was one of his nightly journal sentences. He can write about whatever he wants and this is what he wrote!)

We celebrated his birthday with a swimming party at the YMCA. I thought I was going to have a come apart when we drove up for the party and saw that the indoor/outdoor pool was already uncovered in April. It has been very warm this year, and they kept the water heater on, so it ended up being VERY NICE! 



We had a lovely Easter: 





And lastly, we went to the Tuscaloosa Air Show with the Nixons a few weeks ago. It was HOT: 






No comments:

Post a Comment